Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- New Patient Registration
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- If you have medical and/or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Meet the doctors at Brown & Neuwirth Oral & Cosmetic Surgery Center
- Current Drivers License
- Get Driving Directions to Hickory Office
- Get Driving Directions to Morganton Office
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility for a minimal charge.